Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chocolat (2000)

For some reason, I was under the impression that I was either going to hate or be extremely disinterested in this film (I really need to stop having so many preconceieved opinions!). But, I was neither bored nor angry at this lovely movie! It's got a very solid, well-paced and well-written screenplay, the score is lovely (I'm ranking this year later this week) and overall it's just a delicious little morsel of a film. Plus, those sequences with all that CHOCOLATE...I cannot resist it. Juliette Binoche's performance is really wonderful - it's vibrant and vigorous, yet she's not afraid to show the uglier sides of her character and it's just magical. Judi Dench had the perfect blend of sass and emotion. Overall, it's a fluffy and delicious movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.

8/10

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar