Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

best way to spend the summer


Book that vacation! The 16th annual San Francisco Silent Film Festival has been scheduled for July 14-17 2011.

I am especially excited about Upstream, which was announced at the last festival as having been discovered and in the process of being restored.

Also I Was Born, But... will be screened, which I missed earlier at the PFA.

2011 Great White Silence
The Great White Silence will be interesting to watch - a movie about snow screened in a stifling hot theater! I am anticipating delicious torture.

There doesn't seem to be a single film I would chance to miss, so I will likely see them all. I may pass on Sunrise and He Who Gets Slapped which I have already seen on the big screen because becoming exhausted really dilutes the experience of seeing these masterpieces. The main reason for staying put will be The Nail in the Boot, directed by Mikheil Kalatozov who is responsible for The Cranes are Flying.

A few (too few) appearances by Stephen Horne are the absolute icing on this heavenly cake.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar