Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Away We Link

<-- The Where the Wild Things Are poster has been wet pasted and squeegeed onto every surface on the net. So fuzzy! JA made me cackle with his take
Love. I want to go to the store, buy a copy of it, bring it home, lay it across my living-room floor, and hump it until there is nothing but tatters (of it and me both) left. Love.
I don't quite want to hump it BUT it does present a problem for me expectation-wise. How can I live in a world where this movie is anything less than a masterpiece? Uh-oh. Expectations too high too high too high. May the trailer be terrible so that I can find myself in a more reasonable pre-screening headspace.

LiNKs
FilmMaker a conversation with Todd Haynes and Richard Linklater. There's even a Madonna anecdote.
Cinevistaramascope a smart review of Milk, now on DVD.
Rope of Silicon first look at Jeunet's Micmacs a tire-larigot. (That's quite a mouthful).
Suburban Idealist a beautifully written piece on Greyhound, the economy and Forrest Gump on loop.
ModFab casting couch: who should play Thor?
Coming Soon cast coming together for Leap Year, Amy Adams first leading trek into regular RomCom land (Enchanted is too much of a hybrid to count) where all popular actresses eventually go to test their mettle and get sized up for that box office queen crown. Will it fit? That crown is more coveted better than any glass slipper. Who need princes when you can dozens of castles with your own paychecks?
Burbanked is wary of Sam Mendes but likes this Away We Go trailer...



I personally love how low-key it feels and I'm hoping that's reflected in the film because my biggest gripe about Sam Mendes work is how heavy with portent and planning it always feels.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar