Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Makeupgeek Brushes featuring Soft Dome Brush and Outer V Brush

Marlena of makeupgeek a.k.a MUG has revamped her line of brushes very recently, and they are available online, from her website.

I do not own any of the new brushes, but I do think that the brush I am going to feature today - Soft Dome Brush, is exactly the same as the one in the new line.

Makeupgeek Brushes featuring Soft Dome Brush and Outer V Brush

In the photo below, the Soft Dome Brush is on top (black bristles), and the Outer V Brush is below (white bristles).


The Soft Dome Brush isn't what I'd call "dome". Instead, it is a highly tapered brush, that it forms a diamond shape, and ends off at a sharp point right on top.

The sharp point is less sharp than that of some other brushes I own, but is sharp enough to get right into the crease of my eye, at my tear duct area, right under my eye, and along the sides of my nose bridge.


The Soft Dome Brush is also very, very soft. And I enjoy using it to press and sweep fine powder under my eye, on top of my dark circles concealer.

Currently, I find it extremely suited to use with my Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette in Hidden Agenda -07. The brush is super amazing!

I do realise that the Soft Dome Brush is always out of stock on the MUG website. So if you want it, you really have to put a "wait" on it, and order the moment it is out. This brush also has rave reviews on the website itself.

Comparison
At first sight, this seem to be a dupe for M.A.C 224, but after using, I have found that it is actually not. The MUG Soft Dome Brush is a completely differently brush from M.A.C 224, and they shouldn't be compared to each other at all!

As the MUG Soft Dome Brush is a lot more tapered, more pointy, and a little more dense, I find it more suitable to pick up loose powder to tap over concealer. Its higher density also makes it more suitable to pick up bronzing powder to contour my nose.

On the other hand, the M.A.C 224 is much rounder, less dense, and more bend-able, so that makes it more suitable to blend eyeshadow. The M.A.C 224 is something I use solely for blending, and never to pick up powders/ eyeshadow.

~<>~

The other MUG Brush, the Outer V Brush with the white bristles that I featured in the first picture, is not really my favourite. But I do find it functional because it is synthetic. I like to use it to blend out concealer or to just pick up any cream eyeshadows.

~<>~

Other than that, I had not really liked the old MUG Brushes (photo below), and I am so glad that Marlena revamped her line. They are functional brushes, all usable, but they are just not as enjoyable as many that I own.

From top to bottom, I have the following:

- angled blush brush --> soft, but not as bend-y as I like my blush brush to be,

- stippling brush --> soft, but the bristles are too long for my liking (prefer the length that Real Techniques Stippling Brush has,

- angled contour brush --> I like how slim it is, but it is a little scratchy,

- concealer/shader brush --> functional but I prefer these to be more tapered,

- large pencil brush --> a little scratchy.


Cost
I think the MUG brushes are priced pretty competitively. If you get a functional brush, they are considered affordable for the quality.

Rating for Soft Dome Brush: 5/5.
Definitely a keeper. Love how tapered and pointy it is, while still being so soft and fluffy.

Do you own any of the new MUG brushes? How about the old ones? How do you think they would compare?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar