Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tried and Tested - Daiso $2 Makeup | Eyebrow Pencil in Grey

Eyebrow Pencil in Grey
Packaging
This came with a cardboard backing that I had thrown away. The product itself is the most nondescript pencil, just black, double-ended, with name printed in unbolded gold font.

I do love it when brow pencils come with that spoolie behind, because I do use them.


Product
What really caught my eye and made me buy was the flat pencil with oval cross-section (below), because this means that you can easily draw a sharp tail at the ends of your brows, and then turn it over, use the long side of the oval to fill in the centre of the brows. It is so convenient, and reminds me of the flat pencils that Shu Uemura sell.

Texture
The texture of this product is also just right, kind of hard and dry, which is good for eyebrow pencils, because then, they will draw well (pull off on the brow hair well), and also last long. You definitely don't want a soft creamy buttery gel eyeliner product on your brows because they will smudge when sweat trickles down your forehead, unless you want to set it with lots of wax to waterproof it.


Effect
This eyebrow pencil gives the exact grey you see in the photos. It will suit people with black hair, but probably not anyone else. As someone with jet black hair, I do really love this product. The colour matches my hair, and the product is so thin, and sleek, and easy to use.

On the Face
I wore this in many of my FOTDs, and one of them is here.


Cost
I have tried a handful of eyebrow pencils that cost less than $2, and they just really don't work as well. Normally, the colour match is off, either straight up black, or red tone brown. It is really hard to find a brow pencil without red when you look in thrift stores. But this one from Daiso is just perfect.

You probably can get away with it even if your hair is dyed a dark brunette. It'd be quite weird to have greyish-black brows if you are fair and dye your hair blonde.

Rating: 5/5
This eyebrow pencil made its way into my dresser drawer since the first time I tried it, and it is definitely something I use weekly. I alternate between this grey pencil, the ash brown one from Empro, and the Bebe Poshe Sexy Brow Shaper that is a deeper brown.

My little complain? I wish this brand make more shades/colour, then more people can enjoy it.

Buying Tip
Personally, I am obsessed with flat eyebrow pencils, and I almost never buy any brow pencil that is not flat. I dislike those which just have the regular rounded cylindrical shape. I'd say, look out for the flat ones from Daiso, and skip the round ones.

Also, refrain from buying the black and brown ones, because black is too harsh, even on someone with raven black hair, and brown tend to have red tone. Get it only if it says grey or ash brown or ash grey, or anything that is ashy.

Did you know?
PositivelyNice has a tag called "Daiso". You can hold your mouse over the right end of your screen, and the sidebar will pop out. Scroll down, and click on the button that looks like a tag and is called "Catergories", then click on "Daiso". You will then find all of my reviews on Daiso products, including household items.

Have you used this before? Have you tried any of the other eyebrow pencils from Daiso?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar