Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I know a guy, who knows a guy...

I finally finished watching Breaking Bad on Tuesday and I loved it! Whenever I hear someone talking about it  or mention the name Heisenberg, I automatically want to join in the conversation, whether I know the person or not. I know that's strange.

So as I spoke about the story in my previous Breaking Bad blog post, I guess this one will be about my opinions on the programme and some of the characters that I have something to say about.

For a start, Bryan Cranston did a great job at playing such a serious, slightly crazy at times, character, especially as I was used to seeing him in Malcolm in the Middle. I just wanted everything to work out for him and hated it when his family left, but I guess that's what happens when you hang with the wrong crowd. Be warned guys.

Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman I loved! There were so many times when I felt bad for him and just wanted to hug him when he was sad and crying. Even as a bad kid that cooked crystal meth I still liked him and wanted things to go well. When he was happy with Jane, I was happy for him, then after she died it was so sad. No tears though, I just wanted to look after the poor guy. Aaron played the role really well, especially during the times when he flipped out and went crazy when he thought Brock had been poisoned with the ricen. I loved watching him and Bryan Cranston together, they played the lead roles so brilliantly.

I don't really have a lot to say about Marie (Betsy Brandt), other than the fact that she was clearly pretty much in love with the colour purple. She'd wear it everyday, have a purple car, and every purple decoration/accessory ever! Bit too much purple for my liking, but she played the character well. There was a storyline that I felt was slightly pointless and didn't lead to much really, this was when she'd steal things quite regularly while looking round homes. I didn't quite understand how that fit into the whole plot but maybe that's just me being slow.

Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman was a great character in my opinion. The man with a guy to do everything, help you out of anything, supply whatever you need. He had any contact you could ever need in life. Clearly a man with a plan to get out of any sticky situation that Walter and Jesse found themselves caught up in.

I would often find myself coming home after a busy day of uni work and just getting into bed with Breaking Bad on but now it's all over I feel slightly lost. it's sad I know, but I'm a student so its acceptable. I'd get caught up in it all and not want to turn it off to go to sleep which resulted in some late nights but it got me through all the seasons.

I loved the whole story of it but was a bit disappointed by the ending really. I just think it ended a bit suddenly and could have done with a bit more to it. I for one would have loved to see how Jesse got on after being set free and would have loved it if Walter could have seen his family again. I think the last episode just ended too soon without resolving a lot. So, ok, Walter rescued Jesse and killed the guys that murdered Hank, but getting shot in the side with his own gun just seemed like a bit of a quick and easy way to end the series without doing a lot. Overall though I enjoyed it and would happily watch it again at the end of a long day at uni.

If you like crime and drama genre programmes then I think you'd really enjoy this, just watch a couple of episodes and you'll find yourself hooked wanting to know what happens next.

Until next time, thanks for reading :-)



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar