Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How I conceal my dark circles


To me, the dark circles under my eyes have been getting worse and worse. I'm sure it has to do with poor rest (when I was in college, I hardly slept, and I still have bad sleeping habits to this day that I'm trying to overcome), side effects from my prednisone (the salt retention shows up under your eyes, making it puffier, and my love for sodium doesn't help), and genetics (I'm 1/4 Indian, and South Asian women have extra dark circles).

Like I said just now, I would just buy some concealer that was 1-2 shades lighter, pat them under my eyes and wonder why they look so grey rather than brightened up as if I had my 8 hours of beauty sleep. A color corrector is necessary. Thankfully color correcting beauty products are all in the rage right now as we beauty fanatics want to look more natural, and by using products that will neutralize the problem areas on your face, you can finally have that flawless #wokeuplikethis look. And no, please don't use orange or red lipstick for your color correcting. Get a real product specifically for the eyes. I created this tutorial using the products that have worked for me the best.

Here's me with severe dark circles:


Step 1: Get a peach or orange color corrector. Because orange and yellow are the opposite of blue and violet in the color wheel, they will cancel out the dark blue tones under your eyes. I used the BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector in "Peach" (although it's a bright orange, and there's a reddish-orange shade called "Papaya"). I love its gel-like consistency because it's not too thick. I still pat it thinly with my fingers with 1–2 layers.


Step 2: I squeeze a tiny, tiny dot of the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer (Neutral Medium) because it's so thick and I don't want it to make me look cakey. I love this stuff for my dark circles, it gives me so much coverage. I really wanted to love my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer since everyone raves about it, but it didn't give me the coverage I needed (it's too thin) and would melt away. So instead, I use that for my dark spots on my face. Anyway, I use the IT Cosmetics concealer either with my fingers or a concealer brush, but I recently bought the beautyblender micro.mini to apply it really precisely in hard to reach areas (like the area near my inner corner).


Step 3: Lastly, I finally set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Setting Powder to keep my conceal-job in place. It still fades throughout the day but nowhere near as much as if I didn't have it.


After

NOTE: I forgot this as the absolute first step, but you should apply some de-puffing eye cream before your color corrector. This is a step I forget A LOT but need to be more cognizant of. I use the Clark's Botanical Anti-Puff Eye Cream that I got from my March Boxycharm, but I have heard some great things about the Origins GinZing eye cream and I definitely want to give it a go. I'd love to try some eye de-puffing pads and chilled green tea bags. I want to heal and not just conceal. And don't forget to sleep!

What are your favorite beauty products or tips that aid in your dark and puffy eye circles?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar