Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beauty Menu for a #naturalglow


I love having a glow to my face. Dewiness has always been something I've strived for, especially for my dry skin. When I bought my first foundation at MAC, I told the MUA that I wanted something with coverage and gave me dewy skin, she pointed me to the Face & Body Foundation. 


For me, glowing skin (as long as I don't look shiny or oily) makes me look younger and more vibrant. Matte foundations are definitely not for me: they accentuate my pores and lines, and make me look cakey. If I want to reduce the dewiness, I use some sort of translucent powder. Here are the products I use to give me that Instagram-filtered look:

Skincare prep is key for soft, radiant makeup. So once in a while I like treating myself to the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask once in a while to soothe and hydrate my skin. Every night, even if I get lazy with cleansing and toning (I always make sure to do so after a day's worth of full-faced makeup, along with exfoliating), I make sure to moisturize with the Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream. It's made for people with rosacea or those any problems with redness on the face (such as lupus patients). I find that this minimizes (but not completely gets rid of) my redness and makes my skin look less dull, and if I am inconsistent with using this my face starts to show patches of redness.

I cannot have my foundation without a primer, especially my trusty Hourglass Veil Primer. This is more of a mattifying primer, but I love wearing it under my foundations. I found that my BECCA Backlight Priming Filter made my face look way too shiny, whereas the Benefit Porefessional caked me up. So the Hourglass primer aids to give me a glow without looking like a greaseball, all while reducing the appearance of my pores. I told you, no Valencia needed!

You guys probably know about my neverending love for the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation. It not only evens out my skin tone, it gives me the perfect amount of coverage (medium coverage) and makes me look more naturally radiant and awake. I have been reaching for this over my higher end foundations. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I love translucent powders for times when I want to decrease some of the dewiness. But I have to rave about the bareMinerals Invisible Lights Translucent Powder Duo, which I received in last month's BoxyCharm. These are pressed powders that come in a matte and a glow formula. While I use the matte powder to set the concealer for my dark circles, I dust a big fluffy powder brush with the glow powder and set all over my face. I cannot stop looking at myself after I do so: the glow powder is like FaceTune and ring light rolled into one. My face looks luminous and smooth.

Instead of the harsh, Kim Kardashian-style contouring, I've been reaching for the BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Palette for a naturally sunkissed beach look. I fluff another brush with the bronzer "Malibu Soleil" on my cheekbones and forehead, and fluff the blush "Hibiscus Bloom" over the apples of my cheeks. Then I finish off with the "Rose Gold" highlighter over my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose, and over my chin and cupid's bow. This highlighter is so finely-milled and buildable, whether you want a more natural highlight or a blinding one.

For a barely-there, #wokeuplikethis kinda glow, I reach for the Jordana Glow 'N Go Creamy Glow Stick in "Radiant Glow". It's super subtle and the light hits the right amount of sparkle on your cheekbones. For something more glamorous, I use the NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter in "Gold Rush".

Do you prefer a more dewy or matte look?
What are your favorite highlighters and products for glowing skin?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar